Monday, June 20, 2011

ooh la la la la la la la

Good morning and a happy happy Monday to you and your's. I'm going into my second hour of my last grad class, Data-Driven Culture, which IS just as boring as it sounds, especially today since we are discussing Ethnographic Culture. BLAH. This class may kill me. This venti iced whatever and the guy next to me oohing and ahhing over somebody's kind of terrible wedding pictures on the Facebook are keeping me slightly amused and awake enough to share with you fine people.

Let's see. Things have been...eventful. The cicadas are officially gone, as all of Nashville sings the Hallelujah chorus, so I'm back to running outdoors without fear or limitation. It's a beautiful thing. I took a quick trip to North Carolina with C, first time to be in that part of the US of A, don't judge, and I have it say it was lovely. We spent most of the trip eating good food and laying by the pool, talking about errything, so needless to say, it was a trip well spent. Also, C's mom might possibly be THE greatest, i.e. her favorite phrase is "oh balls" and she has the fridge and pantry stocked as if Trader Joes were to marry Whole Foods. Winning! Oh and speaking of moms, my mom and I are back to ignoring the small issues and being semi-normal again, just in time for Father's Day. It is what it is and she and I will always be the way we are. Don't think too much about that one, kids. AND my best friend's wedding is happening this weekend and I honestly can't get it in my head that it's happening in just a few days. She's growing up and moving into her own place to live with a boy! Oh brother, I won't get sentimental just yet. She's already been playing wife, getting everything perfect at their new residence and making sure all of the tiny details are perfect for the upcoming nuptials. Our dining room looks like a southern wedding factory, with all the monogrammed cups and napkins and SWAG (stuff we all get, you're welcome for that Michael Scott reference)... it's quite the sight to behold. I have decided that when I'm ready to get married I'm just going to hire her, indefinitely, to organize my life and run the show.

And some other things I choose not to disclose, so instead I give you Grace Potter, who will be my spokesperson for events I shan't discuss. Not yet, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Katie.