Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Real talk.

Last week I turned 26. A big milestone, if you're into that sort of thing. Age is terrifying, yes, fine, I agree. What's even more terrifying is the unnatural tradition of celebrating our inevitable loss of youth with toxic dyes and carbs, but I do love social gatherings. My friends proved to not only be pretty but functional, showering me with love and parties and glittered treats all week long. Even better, not one of them instagrammed a picture of me drawing a watch on my arm after Karaoke Santa told me no rap songs allowed until after midnight. After taking a nap and rehydrating I concluded I feel great about being 26. Everything is as it should be and it's all happening. 

With that being said, there are still questions left unanswered, people and ideas I can't seem to wrap my head around even now that I'm a year older. I'm sure you can relate.

THINGS I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND:
purity rings
Ashton Kutcher
boys who don't have real jobs
tap water
Scientology
people who (still) don't have an iphone
girls who do CrossFit
Mitt Romney
Mitt Romney's sons who resemble Ken dolls
shoulder dancing
Don Draper-shadiness
maxi dresses
the state of Alaska
people who leave voicemails

There are more, trust me, but (some of us) have career ladders we're trying to climb and long lunches to take. I love you all. #freefiona
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Katie.