Monday, August 1, 2011

Vegas, baby!

Vegas, Vegas, Vegas... I have to admit, I really had no idea what to expect from my first date with Vegas, what with all of its glittery awesomeness. We drove in from LA through the desert that is Nevada, like the true bad A's that we are, and I knew from the time we drove past Caeser's that it was going to be an excellent girl's weekend. By the time we got to the room and made ourselves presentable it was sometime after midnight, which is early around those parts, so we headed to dinner at this perfect little Italian place on the streets of faux-NYC. This is also where I made one of many comedic attempts at winning BIG at the slots...naturally they hooked me and every other girl under the age of 45 with a "sex and the city" game. I spent a whole dollar and pushed buttons hoping to get lucky, and when the machine did in fact go nuts with crazy lights surrounding "Mr. Big: $712.16" and cheesy theme music ensued I thought I had won BIG for sure. So we were all freaking out and being girls about it until the actual "win ticket" printed out, clearly stating I had won $16.12. Was I still excited? Of course.

So from there the adventure continued...I saw WAY too many brides, 98% of whom had a beer (or two) in leu of a bouquet, and I witnessed more boys bachelor-partying than I ever imagined...sadly no Bradley Cooper lookalikes, though. But I promise you, we saw it ALL, including Celine Dion, which I have to say was just as cheesy as I expected but was such a great show that even I was giving her a standing O at the end just like every other fan in the packed house. And yes, she encored with "my heart will go on" and yes, the lady in front of us SOBBED during its entirety. I also may or may not have contracted some sort of sexually transmitted disease from walking barefoot through the Luxor due to the fact that my heels just weren't working for me anymore after many hours.

All in all, we spent quality time by the pool, got some good sun and met some pretty interesting characters, and laughed the WHOLE time. We boxed it out to keep the creepers at a safe distance, and we saw more asian tourists (sorry Chuck) than we ever expected to see in one place. Vegas was just as cheesy and wonderful as I imagined it to be, from the showgirls on the street at 10 am to the cotton candy I was served after eating at a buffet (no judgement, it's a Vegas institution!).

We spent a lot of dolla dolla bills and lost a lot of sleep, but we did not lose our dignity, despite our surroundings. And after all, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, right? We sure hope so.

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Katie.